Thank you for your interest in renting the Perot Theatre for your event.
Please download and read over the following rental information (Downloads, below), then complete the application and return it to the Perot Theatre at:
PO Box 1171
Texarkana, TX 75504-1171
If the date you have requested is open and your application has been approved, you will be contacted by our office to make further arrangements. You should hear from the Perot staff within two to three weeks after the completed application is received.
Application Timetable and Procedure
- Read information, complete rental application, and mail (must be received at least six weeks in advance of presentation. Completed application form and $500 Security Deposit are required to hold a date)
- Staff will contact you, prepare contracts, and mail.
- Sign all contracts and return with proof of all royalties, licenses, and other applicable fees. (All due at least four weeks before occupancy.)
- Copies of signed contracts returned to you. You may not advertise the use of the Perot Theatre before this point in time. FAILURE TO OBSERVE THIS RESTRICTION COULD RESULT IN REFUSAL OF THE FACILITY TO YOUR GROUP.
- Estimated rent and labor fees due two weeks before occupancy.
In 1924, the theatre was built by the Saenger family of New Orleans for live entertainment. Architect Emil Weil designed it with a stage, orchestra pit, backstage and slanted seating all aimed toward live acts. The three-story brick building of Italian Renaissance design is fairly simple on the outside, but elaborate on the inside. The decor includes Grecian architecture, ornate paintings and gold leaf trim. The legend is that the faces of the angels and the babies in laurel leaf motif were sculpted in the likeness of the architect’s child.
In 1931, the name was changed to the Paramount when it was purchased by the Paramount-Publix Corporation. Until the 1960’s, the theatre featured live productions and first-run movies. The theatre then went into a decline, and played second and third-run movies until its closing in 1977.
The City of Texarkana, Texas purchased the theatre in 1977 for $19,000 from S and H Theatre Corporation of New Orleans. The City then hired an architectural firm and began plans for restoration. H. Ross Perot, a Texarkana native who made his fortune in electronics in Dallas, and his sister, Bette, contributed $800,000 for the restoration in memory of their parents. In recognition of this contribution, the City renamed the theatre the Perot Theatre.
The Texarkana Regional Arts and Humanities Council (TRAHC) is contracted by the city to program and manage the theatre. TRAHC annually presents the Perot Theatre Series, ranging from Sweeney Todd to Cirque Jungle Dreams, from Bob The Builder to Rita Coolidge, and from the Gatlin Brothers to the Dance Theatre of Harlem Ensemble. The Theatre is also rented for Texarkana Symphony Orchestra performance series, for dance recitals and other community performances. Tours can be arranged by appointment.
1 Rental Fact Sheet 2 Sample Contract.pdf 3 Rental Rates.pdf 4 ApplForm.pdf 5 Concession Sales Attachment
Rental Request Form
Fields marked with * are required.